Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP TS2530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We just recently purchased (3) HP T2530PS MFPs with the express thought of being able to scan to email. Everything I read said I could and even the helpful folks from HP at Autodesk University told me that I could and showed it to me on their floor model. However, my IT group is telling me that these plotters do not have that functionality. I cannot see it on my screen like I did at Autodesk Univesity but they told me it should show once setup was complete. HELP! Do they or don't they have this functionality??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi

You need to update the firmware

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=13327369&swItemId=pl_125017_13&swEnvOid=4...

Best regards

Mike
Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Hi

You need to update the firmware

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=13327369&swItemId=pl_125017_13&swEnvOid=4...

Best regards

Mike
Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did u get the problem resolved?

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

I did, thank you. Now I just have to get my IT department in a happy frame of mind about it. It's tough when you are dealing with DoD STIGS.

HP Recommended

Well, I thought it was resloved. The firmware update definitely contains the scan to email function and my IT department was able to get it loaded on one of my 3 machines but the other 2 will not take it. They have been probelmatic since we bought them last August. It tool IT over 2 months just to get them seen on the network and users able to connect to them. They plotted like mad once they did but as soon as they tried to install the firmware update, we are right back to square 1. User cannot print to either plotter, the scan to email function is not there still and those that can even load the plotter endure AutoCAD crashing as soon as they hit the print button.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.