Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hallo,

I bought a Designjet T120 24in printer - on 29-07-2014

Serial No. (removed content)

Product No. CQ891 – 64001

CQ891 – 64001

Factory No. CQ891 – 64001

Mfg date: Apr 25,2014

The warranty was 1 year – expired on 29-07-2015

Print usage information

10. Total Pages Printed: 107

11. Total Color Pages Printed : 63

I just changed the first original cartridges (low inc)

During this time this printer is used:

Only by me

Very carefully

Using only roll paper

Sitting on a enough stable table specially for the printer in one room – where I work

Covered fully all the time with his nylon coverage to prevent any dust on it (this from the package box) except the time it is used.

There is no dust, no cigarette smoke !

Before it I work in a company where we used a lot one T500 and I was very pleased of it's work. That's why I bought a printer of the such series.

Just before two weeks I need to urgent to print one A3 format roll small drawing – after this usage I was sure that this works and I can trust it. But there was error:

Possible paper jam. Remove ...... I removed carefully the paper.  

ERROR 41:10

Restart the printer to continue. If the problem persist, contact HP support.

After 3 restarts the result was the same. I brought the printer to the local HP service – after 3 days they called me:

“Yes there is a problem with the Sensor Kit (CQ890-67020) we can repair it for 80 $ but this repair is not absolutely sure – if the problem continue we will need to change the it which will costs 230 $. Yes – we see it is used very small, but what we can do. Why you don't used it more  ! “

I know that it is incjet and need to be used enough often to prevent dry print head , but this problem was not related with inc or printhead !

It looks like the HP products works only till warranty period no matter how much and how they are used. I have no words! But if anyone care........ ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

First make sure the paper is not the issue

Reboot the printer with no paper

Make sure the printer is in level

Check if the encoder disk in in place, you can see it on the left inside the printer by opening the window.

If it is not there, you have found the problem

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.