Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DesignJet T120
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello. My printer won't connect via ethernet, only USB or WiFi. Upon connecting to to a cable, it never grabs an IP address. My router is set to assign IP addresses via DHCP, but it doesn't work. I tried to set a manual static IP on the printer, and it says that there is No Link.

If I try and turn on the WiFi while the network cable is connected, it lets me know it can't use WiFi while there is a network cable plugged in.
I've tried resetting to default network values, complete printer reset, even reuploaded the firmware to the printer.

It currently has AXP2CN1623AR firmware. If I use my MacBook Pro with that same cable, it does receive an IP address and connects to the network just fine, so the cable seems good.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for contacting with HP Support Forum.

Please correctly installed the driver in your PC/LAptop from below link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t120-printer/5263073

Pease use anyone connection like: Rthernet Cable or Wifi.

If you connect through wifi, please make sure it is cover DHCP like your router configuration wise.

Then set Static IP and ping from your PC/Laptop. If connection is ok then installed the printer driver correctly.

N.B: If you already installed the driver, please remove it and restart the PC/Laptop.

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Hi - I have the same issue, and with respect the suggested solution doesn't seem to answer the question. The printer is networked, and whether it can connect to the network via ethernet doesn't seem to relate to the driver that may be installed on any of the PCs in the network.

As in the OP case, I couldn't connect it to the wired network when first installing because it claimed not to have a link (the link lights on the ethernet socket on the printer light, and the cable and port work with other equipment). 

Did you solve this issue, PaulFehr, or does anyone else have a solution? The printer is working via wireless but I think that's not good enough and I need to know if the hardware is defective.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Join the club.

Now here's the thing:

The printer is connected to the network.

The indicator light on the ethernet port turns green.

The ethernet cable actually works (In case you'd ask).

When I visit my router's configuration page, the printer doesn't show up, which means there is no connection to the router whatsoever.

How do we fix this.

We are eager to get an answer

HP Recommended

What I did was : 

Turn off printer. 

Hook to cable

Turn printer on

go to network advanced settings

I set the network down to 10 Full (might not have been relevant, but who cares relative to amount of data flowing to printer?)

set the ip address to a fixed address from the reserved space on the router (reserved address space for static devices was already in place on the router)

subnet to standard subnet (255.255.255.0 in my case, since working on 192.x.x.x for router)

gateway and DNS # 1 to router address

Printer works like a train since changed over to wired from WIFI. Was funny intermittency going on over WIFI.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.