08-01-2014 05:18 PM
Got an error to replace the MK-Y printhead, so I purchased a new one and installed it according to the instructions. After I get the scanner lid closed it starts the 10 minute process, but reaches 100% after 7 minutes then starts the replacement procedure over again. If I redo it, the loop continues; if I cancel or power-cycle the machine, it throws an error "printhead replacement incomplete" which re-starts the loop. In addition, after I replaced the MK-Y, it's giving me a different replacement error on the PK-M printhead.
I'd like to avoid paying a service fee if at all possible, has anybody else run into this or have any ideas? I've tried searching but had no luck finding a solution.
08-06-2014 04:14 PM
- Clean the electrical contacts on the carriage. If there is a bad contact the printe might not recognize the PH
- Clean the Drop Detector. Clean the top part of it, not inside. (See picture)
- Make sure the ik levels on the ink cartridges are above 30%
- If you are using non-HP ink, try HP ink
I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
08-14-2014 01:32 AM
Hi, If the printer thinks there is not enough ink in the cartridges to do the printhead replacement, it will keep saying the "incomplete".
Make sure your cartridges are over half way full.
If they feel light replace them for the printhead repalcement them put them back later.
08-14-2014 08:00 AM
@Mikeg81 - Thank you, that got the installation for the initial problem printhead finished! Didn't even notice the bit of gunk when I was replacing it, but once I knew where to look I got it cleaned up.
@gringod - That is my next step. It doesn't make sense to me, but if that's what it takes, that's what we'll do.
- HP Designjet Printers Supported in OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X v10.7 Lion
- HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Connect a computer to the printer by network (Windows)
- HP Designjet T2300, T3500, and T2500 eMFP Printer Series - Create a Scan-to-Network Folder
- HP Designjet T-Series Printers - System Error 86:01 and System Error 42:10
- HP Designjet Z6100 Printer Series - Order ink supplies