Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have the new board in it. I tried putting one of the dimms in and I get the blank rectangle. With no dimms in I get the strange tones and 3 beeps and eventually the 08:11.
HP Recommended

OK I got new DIMMS and put them in the new board. Same results. Swapped back to the old board, put the new DIMMS in. Same results. Put the old DIMMS back in.  Same results. I really don't know what else to try at this point. I still left the new P/S in it. Any more suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

HP Recommended
Tried new memory with new and old board. Same problem. What else could cause this?
HP Recommended

All I can tell you is to go back to basics and I would use the 08:11 troubleshooting steps. There are a couple of other boards besides the main board and a hard drive which I guess could cause issues. I would do a google search for the service manual and review the steps in the manual starting on page 7.

System Error:
08:11
Problem Description:
Problem with the Front Panel.
Corrective Action:
Try the following:
• Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and disconnect the Power cord.
Reconnect the power cord and power On the Printer.
• Check that the Front Panel cable is not damaged and is correctly connected to the Front
Panel and to the Interconnect PCA.
• Check that the Memory Module is installed correctly.
• Check that the cables between the Interconnect PCA and the Main PCA are not damaged
and are correctly connected.
• Check that the cables between the Hard Disk Drive and the Power Supply Unit and the
Main PCA are not damaged and are correctly connected.
• Check that the cable between the Power Supply Unit and the Main PCA is not damaged
and is correctly connected.
• Check that the Printer has the latest Firmware version. If not, update the Firmware to the
latest version.
• Replace the Main PCA ⇒ Page 357.
• Replace the Hard Disk Drive ⇒ Page 359.
• Replace the Memory Module ⇒ Page 355.
• Replace the Interconnect PCA ⇒ Page 341.
• If the System Error continues, replace the Front Panel ⇒ Page 276.

HP Recommended
Problem finally solved. It turned out that the hard drive was bad and the power supply. Both of them.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.