Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DesignJet 500 42"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently purchased a used Designjet 500 42" printer.

I have a print defect that appears as if some of the data in the picture is missing.

Model No C7770B

Paper Used 13000sq M

Engine F/W A.02.09

I print using HP Instant Printing 3 ver 3.6.0.998. The printer is connect via a jet direct 170X and Centronics to printer.

Print heads in good shape according to usage stats and belts changed in last 36 months according to previous owner.

Any thoughts?

See attached image of defect in red box

Print Defect.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Update,

I printed the image a second time and it printed perfectly....

In the print defect area in the photo, the background is supposed to be white as it sunlight coming in a window.

The decfect appears to be random print in the area that is supposed to be white.

I've printed another image with a similar defect and then printed it again and all worked perfectly.

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Data seems to get corrupted. It might happen just this time or maybe will come back

Try using this other driver instead of the printng utility

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=377948&swItemId=pl_56198_2&swEnvOid=4063

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Thanks Mike G,

I've downloaded that driver. I'll try a few prints and see how it goes.  That HP Instant Printing 3 utility seems very useful for oriantating the print on the roll and setting roll size etc. Is there any other program that will allow this? I've been printing images and pdf's that have been created by others. As yet I dont have any graphics packages installed.

Thanks again

Niall

HP Recommended

Hi

I agree with you, the gui of the IPU looks nice, but I prefer to use the driver 🙂

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Use Adobe Photoshop which is the #1, most people around the world uses.

Forget those lousy softwares & wasting of your time.

HP Recommended

Thanks Guys,

The prints have all been fine since changing the driver as suggested and making sure all connections between jetdirect  pc and printer were all tight and dirt free.

However, now when I get  a Blue Screen Of Death trying to print a pdf from adobe acrobat reader DC ver 2015.023.20070 and FoxIT Phantom PDF Express (as came preinstalled on HP PC).

The Error is relating to Win32kfull.sys on the crash screen

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.