Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

What can be done to resolve this issue:

"Printer Failer there is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP."

I was an HP Customer Engineer from 1995-2002.
During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Remove the ink cartridges and look for any leak

Remove the printhead and reboot the printer

If you dont get the message, clean the electrical contacts on the printhead and the printer, then install the printer and look for any message

If you get no messages, install the ink cartridges

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the below instruction:

1. Remove the ink cartridges and look for any leak

2. Remove the printhead and reboot the printer If you dont get the message,

3.Clean the electrical contacts on the printhead and the printer, then install the printhead and look for any message If you get no messages, install the ink cartridges.

If you get any messages, please replace the new printhead.

If it is under warranty, please claim to HP and get new one. If it is not covered under warranty please buy from: Printhead Purchase.

Printhead Part No: C1Q10A

Thanks,
Rashed

I am not an employee of HP but I am an engineer @ HP Partner and I am share my knowledge from my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the Mike instruction:

If you get any messages, please replace the new printhead.

If it is under warranty, please claim to HP and get new one. If it is not covered under warranty please buy from: Printhead Purchase.

Thanks,
Rashed

I am not an employee of HP but I am an engineer @ HP Partner and I am share my knowledge from my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Regards/Rashed
HP Recommended

Hello. I'm also having the Designjet T520 "Printer Failure" error message.

It says in your first instruction to remove the ink cartridges and look for any leak. However, I can't remove the ink cartridges since the printhead won't move to the left side of the printer where the cartridge access door is located. I've already tried turning on and off the printer several times but once the printer is completely turned on, the printhead always stops at the right side of the printer. Thus, removal of cartridges is impossible to do. Is there any way of moving the cartridge to the cartridge access door? Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi, Remove the the right side cover and manually wheel move of the service station and you can get unloack the carriae unit from right side.

Please check the encoder strip and if found screach on their please replace it or found get ok for encoder strip, please clean the encoder strip with normal water and white soft cloth.

Then power up the printer and lets check what happends and share with me.

Regards,

Rashed

Regards/Rashed
HP Recommended

and what we do if there is a leak?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.