Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Last weekend I fixed a Z3100ps 44" with 86:01 error..... belt........

I completely cleaned all dirty areas, the brass wheel , cleaned encorder strip & metal rod with lubricant, then

replaced with new belt...

Error gone & all working perfectly..

( it took me 8 hours round trip drive from Miami to Sarasota, florida  to buy & pick up this broken

printer & about 5 hours total to fix the problems. now pending for a new #70 red printhead )

HP Recommended

Amazing on this old post, even with my own reply ..

Today I have same error 86:01,   paper jam  ...  on Z3100 44" after I replaced the belt. The original rear bushing is there. I heard some sound inside printer & it was trying to move roller, then error came up.

Prior this error, it has 58:01 error for color sensor.... when I changed the belt & I cleaned both sensors on carriage box,

but error still came up.

I am not sure could be the belt which cheapy one from China, also the pully ? I checked my other 4 Z3100, Z3200 & they all have original HP belts which one side horizontal & other side vertical.. they HP pulley is different also.

No big deal, I will figure it out shortly....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.