Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DesignJet T520 ePrinter

Good day everyone, recently I had a customer drop off this machine for service.  It is of a type I am completely unfamiliar with.  Apparently the machine spends most of its time in a hard shell storage case in a warehouse and is only used when the group has to leave the area and travel elsewhere.  They are leaving in a few weeks and pulled this machine out to ops ck. it. 

Upon power up, the machine shows the HP loading screen and then goes to a bluescreen.  At the top there is a box of some sort that shows up in white that looks like a corrupted image.  Below this is the message "805DE431".  This message does not clear up with a power reset, unplugging it from the wall or anything else.  I have searched the internet and through the service manuals and find no mention of an error message like this at all.  Has anyone ever encountered something like this and can provide me with a direction of where to look?  Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

So, before this drops off the front page, any ideas?  Pointers, tips, anything?  I've reseated multiple boards, restarted the machine numerous times, tried to connect it to my computer and the computer doesn't even recognize the printer is hooked up to it.  Thanks for any ideas anyone may have.

HP Recommended

Please,

Turn on the printer and open the door ink. Check if a green LED behind the Main PCA is flashing.

LED

If a green led is not flashing, is possible that the Main PCA and Bundle Board should be replaced by onsite customer engineer.

HP Recommended

Good morning, sorry not to get back to you sooner but I've been working on other equipment while having this one put off to the side.  To answer your question, yes the LED that is in the location you're pointing to is blinking rapidly.  Thanks for your assistance as my customer has been asking when they can expect their machine back.

HP Recommended

Did this problem ever get solved? I have the exact same issue. HP Designjet T520. I reloaded two ink cartriges correctly, The ink cartriges traveld clear to the right and they are not accessible now. 805D5A31 appeared on the printer console. I restarted a number of times. I plugged and unplugged a number of times. The Green light is flashing quickly when I look through the tiny hole in the area where cartridges are reloaded. It is 100% locked up and I can't find a googleable error code.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The same issue was reported on this forum

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/Error-805D5A31/m-p/54...

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Sorry Paul, never did get anywhere with the machine.  It turns out that the machine is considered "Tactical" equipment, I work for the DOD, and it should never have been brought to us for repair to begin with.  The actual owner of the machine callled and came and picked the machine up.  I have no idea what happened to it afterwards.

HP Recommended

elo try this solution
You need to replace hp designjet encrypted chip t520 on the mainboard inside the plotter
You can buy it on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Designjet-T520-Blue-Screen-Error-Solution-Encrypted-chip/282223353841

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.