08-15-2014 10:59 AM
When we try to load new tracing roll. Most of the time My printer shows alert message " paper edge not found".
However, after trying several times we succeded to load tracing roll as well as to print by making print mismatch command "print anyway".
In other printer during loading roll, paper can be cut by the command form move and cut. During loading when we want to cut the paper by this command it just move the paper without cutting.
As well as in paper list there is no such type of paper. Also help, how to add such type of paper in the paper list.
Please provide help......
08-15-2014 11:56 AM
You can load the paper as Plain paper or HP Natural Tracing Paper.
For the problem cutting that you mention I have seen 2 scenarios
1- After pressing form feed and cut the printer moves the media/paper, but the carriage does not move.
- This is because the media/paper selected on the printer disable the cutter. This is becuase the cutter is no capable of cutting that media/paper.
2- After pressing form feed and cut the printer moves the paper, carriage moves but the media/paper is not been cut.
The posible cause are :
- Encoder strip is dirty and the carriage does not move to the right possitioon to engage the cutter. for this clean the encoder strip with a lint free cloth damp with water
- Broken cutter. On top of the cutter there is a small pin that is used by the carriage to engage the cutter. if this pin is broken you will need to replace the cutter
I hope this helps
I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
08-17-2014 09:20 AM
My printer is still showing the message " paper edge not found" during media loading process. Although, I have cleaned the Encoder strip.
Probably, printer cutter head is not broken. As it is cutting the paper automatically after finishing the job, But when i try to cut it by using the command form move and cut, it only moves the media without cutting.
Please help .....
- HP Designjet Printers Supported in OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X v10.7 Lion
- HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Connect a computer to the printer by network (Windows)
- HP Designjet T2300, T3500, and T2500 eMFP Printer Series - Create a Scan-to-Network Folder
- HP Designjet T-Series Printers - System Error 86:01 and System Error 42:10
- HP Designjet Z6100 Printer Series - Order ink supplies