Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have a Designjet T1300, a few years old (2010 I think), and I have printed a few rolls of paper on it. (5-6?) A few firmware updates ago it started showing the 08:04 error message. It asks me to update the firmware if the problem persists (well it does). I have the newest firmware (?) IG_04_00_05.2.

Sometimes I have to restart it 10-15 times before I can print. sometimes it goes into error mode if i dont use it for an hour or so . sometimes it goes into error mode in the middle of printing, or just while rotating or when ever. Sometimes it starts up immediately and I can print all day without any problems.

Any Ideas?

Now I checked again for new firmware. the printer says there is new firmware, but it went into 08:04 error mode while checking.

Now after 4 restarts, the printer started to install the new firmware. at the end of installation  the program shuts down and during restart the printer goes into 08:04 mode.

Restarting the printer over and over again. Allways the 08:04 code. What does the 08:04 code mean??

Ok... update history:

today first  MS_01_01_23.1 was installed and after that IG_04_00_05.2.

No newer firmware available.

I will update this if it doesn´t go into error mode anymore..

Today I finally had the time to print again. The T1300 still goes into error mode 08:04.

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have never seen a UPS cause a hardware failure, but I have seen them cause power issues.  I would disconnect it and try it that way for a test.   Can you hook up a computer directly to the printer, bypassing your network and see if it boots up and prints normally then?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I typically see that type of error code when the hard drive fails.  I can post what the service manual states that error code means but its quite generic.  It is possible you have a bad printhead too.  I always remove the inks and printheads and then re-install them one at a time as the printer asks for them, make sure they are accepted, its possible it may then tell you a printhead is bad or if it passes that setup I doubt it is caused by a bad printhead.

Unplug the network cable too while booting this up to see if it acts any differently then.

System Error: 08:04
Problem Description: Touch Control Panel communication to the product functions at the initialization, but during
normal working the communication is lost.
Corrective action: Try the following:
1. Check the event log at the EWS support pages to see if there is another SE (for instance
07:10) and troubleshoot the problem more accurately.Appendix C: Obtaining the product
log and the diagnostics package on page 74
2. Turn off the product and turn on again, and check to see if the error remains.
3. Upgrade the firmware For more information, see Appendix B: Emergency firmware
upgrade with USB flash drive on page 74
4. Replace the HDD, see Hard Disk Drive on page 295
5. Escalate the issue.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice!

I will go through the list and I will let you know what I find out.

best rgds

ka

HP Recommended

Long time no see....

I finally got the time to take a fight with my printer.

First I tried to start it normally and 3 times I had the same 08:04 error.

then I disconnected the printer from the network and now it started normally.

Now I will try to print...

HP Recommended

I do not believe it...

It went into 08:04 error mode again. 1 minute later.

HP Recommended

I have an UPS EATON 5110 feeding the printer with electricity, recommended by the seller. Is that ok? Or could this have caused the harddrive to fail?

HP Recommended

I have never seen a UPS cause a hardware failure, but I have seen them cause power issues.  I would disconnect it and try it that way for a test.   Can you hook up a computer directly to the printer, bypassing your network and see if it boots up and prints normally then?

HP Recommended
The first thing I would do is with the power off, remove the formatter and then reseat and see what happens.
HP Recommended

I connected the printer through the USB port and my pc installed the driver and everything was ok but the printer tilted during startup showing 08:04.

HP Recommended

I removed the formatter and reinstalled it. no change. still showing 08:04 during start-up.

My printer lights up led number one of the diagnostical leds immediately when you turn power on, it blinks a few times and after that it stays on. Is it normal?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.