02-10-2014 09:11 PM
I am using windows 8.1 with a Designjet 800PS 42" over ethernet with the HP Instant Printing Utility.
In the printer I have 36 inch roll paper. Everything prints fine.
However, when I use the HP Instant Printing Utility it always reverts to 18" roll. When I change the settings to 36" paper all is well, but if I load another file to print (without closing the utility) it reverts to 18" roll.
I do not know if this is a utility default, or if it gets this info from the printer. So is there a way that when you open the utility and it goes off to discover the printer, it comes back with the correct paper size?
Is this a setting in the printer or in the utility, or is it a limitation of the software that cannot be changed?
Thanks in advance,
- HP Designjet Printers Supported in OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X v10.7 Lion
- HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Connect a computer to the printer by network (Windows)
- HP Designjet T2300, T3500, and T2500 eMFP Printer Series - Create a Scan-to-Network Folder
- HP Designjet T-Series Printers - System Error 86:01 and System Error 42:10
- HP Designjet Z6100 Printer Series - Order ink supplies