Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

i recently purchased this t120 to print architectural plans from AUTOCAD & ACROBAT.

When using the multi sheet tray i continuously get paper mismatch errors. I did manage to get this to work once after talking to an hp technician who got me to check 'remove blank areas' but i cannot find this option anymore. 

When using the roll feed I am unable to print to the correct paper size. it seems like the the fit to page option doesn't work.

It either prints too big so the drawing is cropped or too small depoending on which orientation options i choose.

Help!!! 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hellp jjt120,

1.Please make sure that when using media from the multisheet tray, the check mark/tick mark on the front panel is on the multisheet tray and not on roll or single sheet.

2. When printing from any application(PDF/MS Word/CAD), please open the application, select print, and then select printer properties and make sure the paper source selected in the driver is manual feed and not printer auto select. Also make sure the right paper size is selected in the driver

Please try printing after changing the paper source to manual feed tray.

Also when printing on a roll, make sure the roll is selected as default on the printer front panel. Also make sure you select the correct paper size in printer options from AutoCAD, and make sure the paper source is selected as Roll, instead of printer auto select.

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem with the T120. We would like to print in Arch C(24x18') from AutoCAD on the roll, but it only prints in portrait mode, wasting paper. When choosing landscape, it prints much smaller, and still on portrait mode. 

Any suggestions to fix this?

Thank you very much. 

Gus

HP Recommended
Hi,

Have u try the recommendation from avinrav?
He is giving the right steps.
Just make sure you are not selecting scale to paper.
Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hi,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums.

Please follow the below link instruction. If problem persist, please let me know, I will try to my best.

HP Designjet T790 and T1300 ePrinter Series - Advanced print settings

HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Advanced print settings

Thanks,
Rashed

I am not an employee of HP but I am an engineer @ HP Partner and I am share my knowledge from my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Hi,

If not working through recommendation from avinrav and my previous posted info. please check the link: Paper Size

I thnk this topics will help to you.

Thanks,
Rashed

I am not an employee of HP but I am an engineer @ HP Partner and I am share my knowledge from my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

I too am having this problem, plus it seems to crop off the end of my prints in A3 size. This seems to be a common problem... will SOMEONE FROM HP PLEASE HELP!!! It's frustrating when you have to get plans printed for clients and half your day is wasted with a printing problem.... 

HP Recommended

Check ur inbox

I'll see what I can do

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

I am having a similar issue but none of the links help, sorry.

My printer after realigning the printer head, the printer states that the paper in the multi-feed tray is 297mm, which is correct. I then try to print and the printer states the paper being used is 285mm, which is not correct and will not print.

Do you have any ideas on this?

Ryan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.