Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z6100
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi can anyone tell me how to solve this problem please.HP Z6100 has error code 46.03. I have checked printheads and replaced two which were not showing faulty on the machine but looked marked to me.This happened after a paper jam .. thanks kerrie 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Kerrie, how are you doing ?

Unfortunately this error it's necessary repair.

Check ther service manual below:

http://www.partsnow.com/docs/service-manuals/hp-designjet-z6100-service-manual.pdf

Page 62 Chapter 2 System Error Codes:

System Error:
46:03
Problem Description:
Primer servo shutdown.
Corrective Action:
Try the following:
• Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and disconnect the Power cord. Reconnect the power cord and power On the Printer.
• Replace the Primer Assembly ⇒ Page 294.
• Replace the PrintMech PCA ⇒ Page 384.
• Replace the Interconnect PCA ⇒ Page 357.

I hope that helps !
🙂

I would give a great kindness ...

If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.

Have a nice week !
🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Kerrie, how are you doing ?

Unfortunately this error it's necessary repair.

Check ther service manual below:

http://www.partsnow.com/docs/service-manuals/hp-designjet-z6100-service-manual.pdf

Page 62 Chapter 2 System Error Codes:

System Error:
46:03
Problem Description:
Primer servo shutdown.
Corrective Action:
Try the following:
• Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and disconnect the Power cord. Reconnect the power cord and power On the Printer.
• Replace the Primer Assembly ⇒ Page 294.
• Replace the PrintMech PCA ⇒ Page 384.
• Replace the Interconnect PCA ⇒ Page 357.

I hope that helps !
🙂

I would give a great kindness ...

If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.

Have a nice week !
🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

If hte primer is broken, or not moving, you will need to replace it.

If it moves and is not broken, clean the encoder strip and do a primer calibration

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

thank you for taking the time to help me Ronaldo.. ..it has really helped ..many thanks 🙂 

HP Recommended

it is not moving ..thanks for your help Mike .. really appreciate .. kerrie 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Kerrie,

I am having a similar issue and was wondering What was the actual solution that resolved the issue?

Did you clean the encoder?

did you replace the Primer? Printmech? or Interconnect?

Please advise thank you.

RoyK

HP Recommended

Hi @Roy_Kuzmich

Remove the right cover and reboot the print, check if the primer is broken or not moving.

Clean the encoder strip with a lint free cloth

If the primer moves is ok, and the printer clean, do a primer calibration

Take in consideration that there could be different causes for the error, just need to find the root cause

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.