Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 3 (827 Views)

Is the postscript upgrade required for my Z6200 to correctly print PDF files?

I have used HP large format plotters with my ESRI (ArcGIS) software for many years and never had the need for a Postscript module (upgrade) with most of those plotters.  I've had a Z6200 60 inch plotter for about 6-8 months and am finding many issues when trying to plot oversize E (34 X 44) plots from Adobe PDF format, especially directly from Adobe Acrobat Pro 10.  I've read a few things that lead me to believe that the postscript upgrade (HP Part CQ745A) may actually be required to process PDF as well as postscript format files. 

I find it nearly impossible to search HP's websites and find useful information.  I don't want to spend several thousand dollars for an "upgrade" if it won't help.  Can anyone on this forum enlighten me about plotting PDF files?

Teacher
Message 2 of 3 (823 Views)

Re: Is the postscript upgrade required for my Z6200 to correctly print PDF files?

I don't think that PS upgrade is necessary to to print PDF files but I'm not sure. What I'm sure of is that a software rip will be much more better alternative to print large size files.
Teacher
Message 3 of 3 (822 Views)

Re: Is the postscript upgrade required for my Z6200 to correctly print PDF files?

Don't invest in PS upgrade.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation