03-18-2017 03:32 PM
I have 2 USB ports on the front of my computer. One used to be accessed through a H/drive (I also have an F and G. neither of which seem to be working right). Ever since WIndows 10 put something called One Drive on the compujter, the H drive has been been gone. When a thumb drive is inserted, it doesnt do anything, and when I click on the G drive, it says, please insert a disk. The G drive was gone for a while buit I was able to enable it in the device manager. The H is gone completely. I have tried to refresh the USB controllers in the device manger. The H drive doesnt even show up in Disk Management. I do not know where it went and I need to access my thumb drives from the front of my computer. I hate this One Drive becuase it has scfrewed up all of my files, and I want to get rid of that too. Please help.
03-19-2017 01:53 PM - edited 03-19-2017 02:34 PM
Welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. I read the post regarding USB issues with the computer after installing One Drive and you want to get rid of it. It will be a delight to assist you.
Awesome description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. You are an important HP customer and it is a privilege to share this platform with you.
- Has it worked correctly before One Drive got installed on the computer?
- Have you tried multiple USB devices on the machine to isolate the issue correctly?
- Please provide the complete model# of the computer to assist you better.
Please use this Microsoft link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-off-
Then restart the computer and check if the USB ports work correctly. Please try different USB ports and devices like a USB flash drive, or a USB mouse or any other device. If it works the issue is resolved. If it does not fix the issue please check this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook
Please keep me informed.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue which will help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Designjet Printers Supported in OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X v10.7 Lion
- HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Connect a computer to the printer by network (Windows)
- HP Designjet T2300, T3500, and T2500 eMFP Printer Series - Create a Scan-to-Network Folder
- HP Designjet T-Series Printers - System Error 86:01 and System Error 42:10
- HP Designjet Z6100 Printer Series - Order ink supplies