Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet t1200 MFP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We're trying to print a long (150") poster on our T1200 but when we enter the paper length and width (150" x 36") it keeps changing the 150 to 129", which is in the greyed out area below the custom paper length box.

Is 129" the max length we can print on a T1200?  Or is there someway around this?  I've read the manual but it doesn't say what the max length of paper you can set up in the custom menu.  At least, i didn't see it anywhere.

Also, I've downloaded the driver just now to my computer, just to see if the latest driver might have fixed this, and it's the same:  greyed out area below custom length box that says: "5.51 - 129.00".

Hard to believe HP would put an arbitrary restriction on the length of paper you can print on.  Surely there's a workaround.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Mike.  Tried a couple things and finally decided to use the 5500PS driver.  Works like a charm.   Maximum length now is 150 feet!

Mike, were you able to print past the 129" max. limit on the t1300 driver?

Only downside is that there isn't roll selection on the 5500, since it's a single roll machine the the t1200 is double rolls.  It just defaults to Roll 1.  But for the occasional banner printing use, it will work just fine.  The rest of the time we can use the original T1200 driver and not lose the roll option.

So now I'm using the 5500 driver on both a 1055C and a T1200, as well as a 5500PS.  Quite a versitile driver I'd say!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Anyone happen to have any insight into the length problem?  I'm thinking of trying a driver for another printer and see if that driver removes the restriction in length.  Not sure which driver to try though.  Maybe the Z6100.

HP Recommended

Hi,

What driver are you using PS or HPGL2?

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

We're using the PS driver as it's a PS machine.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the HPGL2 driver

Go to Printer Properties, set the driver to “Start printing after last page is spooled”

Then go to Printing Preferences > Advance > Max Appication resolution and select 300.

I had a similar issue with a customer last week with a T1300, that what we used to make it work.

The jobs were 120in log, but it was so complex that we experienced memory issues.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Thanks Mike.  Tried a couple things and finally decided to use the 5500PS driver.  Works like a charm.   Maximum length now is 150 feet!

Mike, were you able to print past the 129" max. limit on the t1300 driver?

Only downside is that there isn't roll selection on the 5500, since it's a single roll machine the the t1200 is double rolls.  It just defaults to Roll 1.  But for the occasional banner printing use, it will work just fine.  The rest of the time we can use the original T1200 driver and not lose the roll option.

So now I'm using the 5500 driver on both a 1055C and a T1200, as well as a 5500PS.  Quite a versitile driver I'd say!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did it on my T1300 and T1100 drivers and created a 36in x 1800 in and got no warnings.

Have you try this other driver?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04893167

Best regards

Mike G

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.