Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Everything seems to print fine except for any vertical text on my designjet 500. Ran all the troubleshooting and calibration things and all came out ok. Multiple prints of the same media have the text screwed up exactly the same. I'm printing from a PDF in adobe. I made the PDF from autocad architecture 2017 using windows 10.  All vertical text has the issue except the big bold words. Any smaller text on a 24 x36 roll print is affected.

The same problem persists from our other work station. It is windows 7.IMG_0792.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I got it to work from the other windows 7 computer. That is also the computer that the driver is on. This issue is making my head spin. The same PDF prints fine on that computer but not on the windows 10 machine.  The windows 10 machine has worked for 6 months though and the issue is new. I thought maybe driver issue but it's literally using the same drive on the windows 7 machine networked. There's not even a driver on the windows 10 machine. I even disabled the generic driver to try that.

HP Recommended

Could it be your doc has layers ?

if yes, flatten it first & try again. or export it to JPG or TIFF to print.

Aslo try different software to print.

HP Recommended

How do you flatten it?

Why it's driving me crazy is that I make a PDF out of autocad and put it on the server and close the PDF. Open pdf on computer A and print it and it prints the vertical text as pictured. Open the PDF on computer B and print and it comes out perfect. The only thing I can think of is windows 10 did and update that I missed and it broke stuff. 

HP Recommended

Before I encounter some problems, when customers e mailed me pdf files for Chinese banners & my computer & photoshop did not have those fonts ( true type fonts etc )  & I misprinted them & caused me problems.

Due to this problem & told customer flatten the doc & save it in JPG or TIFF formats & problmes disappeared.

As you mentioned, computer B printed fine & maybe that computer has more fonts etc.

Quite complicated & you have to pay close attentions to the details.

I am using photoshop cs5 & open dpf files easily & print & edit them easily & perfectly.

HP Recommended

I'll try that but not sure it will solve it because the computer was printing it fine before. I can't figure out what changed. 

I did try printing as an image from adobe but it blows the plotter up because it runs out of memory even on 300 dpi. 

HP Recommended

remove that driver n restart computer. Let computer install driver again automatically...

HP Recommended

My only concern is that it's a networked driver. The driver is on the computer that prints correctly.  If I unistall it and install again and it breaks it on that computer too,  then I'll really be stuck. I won't be able to plot any drawings at all in the office.  Although it might need to be done to solve my problem, I'm very nervous and trying to hold out to do that as a last resort. I'm new to this office and who knows what voodoo they had the last guy do to get it to work. I'm afraid it might end up being one of those things I can take apart but never can get back together. haha 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try installing the driver for the DesignJet T120.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.