HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-15-2014 06:01 PM
I have a requirement to remove the Hard Drive out of our HP DesignJet T1300 44" plotter.
1. Can the hard be removed and if so will the printer function properly without a hard drive installed?
2. If the hard drive can be removed and the printer will function properly. Are their any specific settings I have to do to allow the printer to function without a hard drive?
3. I understand that this printer has secure erase feature but the requirement does not allow for the printer to retain any information and an installed hard drive will not pass an audit.
Thank you for your response.
05-16-2014 06:07 AM
09-14-2016 03:17 PM
The formatter is on the back of the printer, were you connect the network cable, or USB to connect to your computer
There are 2 screws that you can lose to remove the formatter
This has to be done with the printer off and power cable disconencted
FYI, Without the HDD or the Formatter the printer will NOT work
I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
- HP Designjet Printers Supported in OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X v10.7 Lion
- HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Connect a computer to the printer by network (Windows)
- HP Designjet T2300, T3500, and T2500 eMFP Printer Series - Create a Scan-to-Network Folder
- HP Designjet T-Series Printers - System Error 86:01 and System Error 42:10
- HP Designjet Z6100 Printer Series - Order ink supplies