Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
t1120

After replacing the PSU, the device claims the PK ink is empty. Replaced several times, no luck. Tried a FW upgrade, no luck. Went into service mode, checked the supplies, said it was 100%. Ran diagnostics on the IDS, the bongo failed in the manual test section for PK and displayed a 22.1:10 error. Could the power supply take out the main PCA/ ISS? Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Was the PSU just the power supply or was it the main board, psu combo and if the second was it a hp new part or a used part you got from someplace. If a used part with the main board it is possible the connection of the iss was bad. If just the power supply replaced recheck the ribbon connection to make sure one of pins is not bent.

HP Recommended

It was an OEM PSU. Main board was not replaced.

Based on the error code and the manual, one of the things to replace is the main board. I went ahead and ordered the PSU/main board combo in hopes that solves the issue.

It's just odd that in normal operating mode, it claims the ink is empty. But in service mode it shows 100%. I am thinking something got fried when I swapped the connections.

I will report back after the PSU/main board comboe replacement. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Be careful with the board you get. If used there can be all sorts of issues since the model number of the previous board has to match the model number the replacement board. HP main boards and printmech board ship without model or serial number information so when you replace one the other writes to the new board the information. When you use a used board the machine can become confused and you can get all sorts of error messages. That would not be the case of the power supply as it only provides the power.

HP Recommended

10-4 thank you for the info. My company only uses HP OEM designjet parts. We have had trouble in the past with others, and I simply send any opened packages back as defective if I come across them.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.