Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T520 36 inch
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

The company has owned this printer for about a year and a half. It was working fine until we had to change our paper vendor and he gave us a thicker type of paper. We usually use 24 inch rolls. The new thicker paper did jam badly once and I cleaned it up the best I could.

Since then we did eventually switch back to the thinner paper and the printer has trouble detecting the paper upon loading.

It started out that the printer would be fine for a couple of 24x36 plans and then it would say it could not detect the paper. Then it would only print one page and not detect paper after. Now it wont even recognize on loading.

We paid a local repairman to take a look, as well as myself. The firmware was checked, the paper has been switched to thicker and thinner, the track head cleaned, the repairman changed the detector (which did nothing and he didnt come back), 36 inch paper was tried and it worked for one print run and never again.

the only thing i can think is that the ribbon connecting the detector to the cpu is damaged? We are about to scrap it.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks, but this is the first article I found prior to contacting the repairman, but I will try it all again.

HP Recommended
I have the exact same problem with my T520. How did you resolve this?
HP Recommended

hi 

the t520 is known to get pretty full of ink.

one of the parts that get affected is the led on the carraige.

take it off an clean it, or replace it.

regards

HP Recommended
Thanks
Would you know how to access the LED?
HP Recommended

hi

take of the right hand cover, the led should be assesible for there.

HP Recommended
Thank you
HP Recommended

Thanks for your advise.  Now I am trying to remove the right side cover, however I cannot find all the points of screws to be taken.  Can you tell me where they are ?

HP Recommended

There should be 5, one under the lid, one under the roll cover, two at the back and on under the A3 out put tray.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.