HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-13-2014 08:49 AM
can a t520 print out (black) even if a color ink cartridge is empty or does the printer stop all functions until the cartridge is replaced?
We plan to replace a non hp plotter with a T520 (maybe later we switch to the 2500 series) and above question is a "point for decision" for "buying or not".
Thanks for any official information about it.
Didn't find anyhting in user/service manual - and dealers have no idea about such a thing ;-}
Best regards / WAG_Frutigen
08-13-2014 12:09 PM
The printer needs all the ink to be able to print.
If you are going to print only on black you can set the driver to print using black ink only.
I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
08-14-2014 10:57 PM
When any catridge is depleted, it wont let you continue printing until you replace that catridge. It does not matter if you have selected the 'use only black ink' option.
- HP Designjet Printers Supported in OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X v10.7 Lion
- HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Connect a computer to the printer by network (Windows)
- HP Designjet T2300, T3500, and T2500 eMFP Printer Series - Create a Scan-to-Network Folder
- HP Designjet T-Series Printers - System Error 86:01 and System Error 42:10
- HP Designjet Z6100 Printer Series - Order ink supplies