Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm looking for drivers for a DesignJet 1050c for Windows 8 .1 x 64 bit.  I tried installing the windows 7 x 64 bit drivers, but it's not wanting to work with them.  I noticed there were drivers for the DesignJet 1055, but not the 1050.  Anyone know if the 1050 will work with the 1055 drivers or where I can find the 1050c drivers?

Many thanks!

Lynn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Use the driver for win XP. That should work

I hope this helps

Best regards

Mike G

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

That model has been in the non supported category for years, they do not develop new drivers for non supported printers.  That being said, there are a couple of people on here that may have a work around if they see this post.  Bob Headrick is the guy that could tell you.  Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Use the driver for win XP. That should work

I hope this helps

Best regards

Mike G

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  I downloaded the drivers from here:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=57746&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=2030

and the XP64 bit drivers worked perfectly on my Win 8.1 x 64 bit system!

Many Thanks!

Lynn

HP Recommended

But on this link recieve this message:

"Downloads for this product are not available through this website."

HA HA HA ... Thx for help ...

HP Recommended

What hapen with my plotter if you dont have driver for this? Imust throw it in the trash? This is solution?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can find the HPGL2 driver on the following link

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=11203559&swItemId=pl_37410_7&swEnvOid=210...

If that driver works for you, I will recomend you to download and save it on a save place.

The printer is already out of support and no new drivers will be created.

Best regards

Mike G

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.