Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

i was was wondering if anyone knew the life span of the ink for a Z6100 when printed on fine art paper? Basically the light fastness properties of the ink.

how long is it likely to last, both indoors and outdoors.

any advice would be great

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Can anyone help on this??

HP Recommended

Looking at the manual under ink supplies, I didn't see an option to order UV ink from HP for this model.

But did find these on ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PC-HP-DESINGJET-Z6100-Z-6100-YELLOW-UV-INK-775ML-CARTRIDGE-HP-91-SERIES-/1...

But for sure it's a buyer-beware situation.  After market ink can ruin expensive printheads.

There is a spray available to protect your prints from fading but I'm not too familiar with it.  Others on this website have more experience with it; maybe Jason.

I don't have any idea how long the regular HP ink will last without fading but I know the information is on this website because I researched it for a 5500 model a few years ago.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.