Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Designjet 500ps
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

HP DesignJet 500ps is not printing to full scale , I use it to make templates for work and are wondering if the driver would make any difference to this , as I.T. have just loaded it on to a new computer . I use TurboCad to do the drawings and save to DWG for the mill , printing in both formats has not made any difference .

Arundell 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

when you say that you cannot print to ful scale, dio you mean that the scale of the print is incorrect (smaller, larger); or the print is no completely printed?

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hi Mike

Sorry to take so long to get back, but just had 2 week shutdown at work .

what is happening , is when I print off a drawing the size of the pattern is not correct, long side of parts are coming in short by 5mm. Not as noticeable on short side but I think this must be to a scaling thing.   Althow I have made shore that the drawing fits  to the size of paper ( A0 ) if there is a margin set on the plotter  would this change the sizes of drawing , if set to print at full size.

regards

Arundell      

HP Recommended
Hi.

If you are selecting scale to fit media. Yes it will change the scale

The printer margins are

•Side margins, 5 mm
•Leading edge margin, 17 mm
•Trailing edge margin, 17 mm

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00314657#N10297

Additional. Make sure you have calibrated the printer

Printhead alignment
Paper advance calibration
Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the below link and look the picture no # 4 & 5 , Solution where have need to select the

1. Customer paper size (if require) and save it under Paper/Quality

2. Then goto Layout/Output (If you aren't select it, printer didn't given actual printout as well your requirement.) and select Fit to as you previous create custom paper size or you select the paper size under paper/quality.

N.B: One think, "Remove Blank Area" and "Remove Margins Between Pages" both of depnads on paper size. If you are select/use A4/A3/A1/A0 which is not supported with your custom paper size and printer can printer on poster size.

I thnk this topics will help to you.

Thanks,
Rashed

I am not an employee of HP but I am an engineer @ HP Partner and I am share my knowledge from my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the below link and look the picture no # 4 & 5 , Solution where have need to select the

HP Designjet T790 and T1300 ePrinter Series - Advanced print settings

HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Advanced print settings

HP Designjet 500, 510, and 800 Series Printers - Advanced Printer Options and Usability

1. Customer paper size (if require) and save it under Paper/Quality

2. Then goto Layout/Output (If you aren't select it, printer didn't given actual printout as well your requirement.) and select Fit to as you previous create custom paper size or you select the paper size under paper/quality.

N.B: One think, "Remove Blank Area" and "Remove Margins Between Pages" both of depnads on paper size. If you are select/use A4/A3/A1/A0 which is not supported with your custom paper size and printer can printer on poster size.

I thnk this topics will help to you.

Thanks,
Rashed

I am not an employee of HP but I am an engineer @ HP Partner and I am share my knowledge from my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Hi Mike

Sorry not got back to you before , but we have moved into a new unit and I've been running around like a headless chicken as my boss is on his holiday until monday. I have had a look at the HP instant printing 3 that I.T. have put on, when you look at the general print settings =paper it dose not show an A0 size or a roll size to match the 840 that is in the machine ( came with it ) . Is the problem that they have installed the wrong driver set as when he did it there was two different ones.

Regards

Arundell

HP Recommended
Hi,

The instant printing is a free application developed for some DesignJet.

Ask them to install the pcl3 driver
Here is the link
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=377948&swItemId=pl_56198_2&swEnvOid=4063

Mike
Best regards

Mike G

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.