Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Z2100 Designjet Plotter. I get a " wrong file format" error display on the front panel of plotter.

Also when I try to install  an updated firmware in indicates an error " file not valid"

I'm running Windows 7 64Bit OS.

I try downloading and installing drivers listed on the HP site.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in Advance.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

See Below:

System Error: 61:YZ
Problem
Description:
The file format is incorrect and the Printer cannot process the job.
Corrective Action: Try the following:
􀂄 Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and disconnect the
Power cord. Reconnect the power cord and power On the Printer.
􀂄 Check the graphic language setting of the Printer (Refer to the User's
Guide).
􀂄 Resend the file to the printer.
􀂄 Check that the Printer has the latest Firmware version. If not, update the
Firmware to the latest version.
􀂄 The Postscript fonts are missing. Upgrading the Firmware will re-install the
fonts.
􀂄 The file cannot be printed because it is password protected. Resend the
file without password protection.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the input.  On the front panel > tools >  No graphics language setting shows up.

HP Recommended

I do not know where the setting is located as you will have to refer to the usere's manual.  Also the listing gives you other things to try which may be wrong.  Firmware upgrade is always best since it fixes file issues which have been reported to hp.

HP Recommended

Thanks again David.  Everything I try  goes south. If I try to  install a firmware update , the display on the plotter saids the "file is  iinvalid".  I did look at the user manual for the graphics language setting and it indicated  it should be under tools .

But not this plotter. OUCH.

HP Recommended

Keep in mind there are 3 different versions of the firmware depending on the model you have.  Go to the link below.  The last digit of you model number will tell you if you have the A, B or C version of the printer.  There are some other factors such as current firmware which will determine which version you need.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=11161224&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4063

HP Recommended

do not bother to update firmware. Try to find the PCL driver & should solve the problem.

I had the same problem on my Z2100 44" & once I installed the PCL driver & error message was gone forever.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Here is the link for the driver

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=11161224&swItemId=pl_82693_4&swEnvOid=406...

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.