Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Designjet z6200

I've posted about this before, but I am starting over from the beginning with this post:   24:10 error, broken bag:  I found ink in the air tube of the Red ink.  I ordered the broken bag fixing kit that was specified in the service manual.  When received, it was the wrong kit - the part number in the manual is WRONG.  The supplier was able to find the correct part number, so I returned the original and ordered the right one.  By the time the second order arrived, the ink in the tube had dried out and was only a stain in the air tube, so the 'clean air tubes' procedure was somewhat pointless, but I did it anyway.  Prior to performing this procedure I did not observe any air in any of the ink tubes.  After the procedure, I discovered air in the Light Gray tube near the ink cartridge (not the red, which I was concerned with before).  So, already having the broken bag fixing kit, I have the syringe for refilling the ink tubes.  I select 'Clean Ink Tubes' from the IDS service menu, and after a few seconds of 'initialization', the 24:10 error appears, with the only option being 'restart the printer'.   I'm beginning to think the service manual was written for an entirely different piece of equipment.  Has anyone actually successfully performed any of these procedures?  Nothing is working for me. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Have not encountered your issue but did you try the simple procedure of recover from broken bag.  See the attached paying close attention to item 3.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please Ink Delivery Tubes for more details from Service Menual Page# 63.

If problem persist again please check the service entering mode from service menual for more diagnosis: Page# 106

Please download the service menual for more details: http://www.partsnow.com/docs/service-manuals/hp-designjet-z6100-service-manual.pdf

Regards,

Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Thank you all for your input.  I was finally able to get to the correct menu item.  I thought I could just go directly to the 'Clean Ink Tubes' menu and perform the procedure, but it kept assuming the broken bag still existed until I cleared it.  I finally was able to perform the ink tube procedure, and my system is now initializing.  I'll be running a test print soon.

One last question...is there any special procedure for disposing of the ink from the syringe?  Can I just dump it anywhere?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thats the standard HP proceduere but their no ther's special procedure.

If you want you may clean through Inkjection series for manually clean the ink but this is not HP authorized procedure.

Regards,

Rashed

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.