Question

Honor Student
Annee
Message 1 of 3 (1,781 Views)

1680x1050 resolution option gone HP L2245wg

when i 'woke up' the pc today i had a message saying

input signal out of range change settings to 1680x1050

the message would not go away and the monitor went back to sleep. i had to turn off then on the monitor to get to the settings to discover that the option for 1680x1050 resolution is gone.  

I did a search for the issue and read that i should update the driver for my HP L2245wg

this did not help. at another site they were talking about changing things in the registry. I am blond and not a geek. I strongly hesitate changing things in the registry.

Any help will be greatly appreciated by this old woman. Thanks!  

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 3 (1,759 Views)

Re: 1680x1050 resolution option gone HP L2245wg

Annee, welcome to the forum.

Well, I am not going to touch your statement about being blond! :smileywink:  You said it and we'll leave it at that.  However, I will say that you need to stick around on the forum.  Your kind of humor would help us through some hard times.:smileyvery-happy:  You are very correct to be wary of changing the Registry.  Although, if you are careful, it can be done without any bad things happening.  I have done it for years.  I did have to do a clean install once when I deleted the wrong entry.

Now, for your problem.  Here is a step by step guide for the monitor.  It may help you solve the problem.  If not, please let us know and we will try something else.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 3 (1,738 Views)

Re: 1680x1050 resolution option gone HP L2245wg

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

The problem i am having is not listed in that troubleshooting list in that link.

I am pretty sure that this problem was caused by a game i was playing called 1503 AD aka Anno 1503.

I have updated the monitor driver, updated the graphics driver, rolled back the monitor driver, reinstalled the monitor driver... restarting the PC after each attempt at a fix, and still i am missing the option i need.

The monitor is HP L2245wg, and i am running on Vista Home Premium 64

the native resolution for this monitor is 1680x1050 which is what it was set on three days ago.

today the highest resolutin i have an option to choose is 1360x786

does anyone know how i can get back the higher resolution options?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation