Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (2,068 Views)

1680x1050 resolution option gone HP L2245wg

when i 'woke up' the pc today i had a message saying

input signal out of range change settings to 1680x1050

the message would not go away and the monitor went back to sleep. i had to turn off then on the monitor to get to the settings to discover that the option for 1680x1050 resolution is gone.  

I did a search for the issue and read that i should update the driver for my HP L2245wg

this did not help. at another site they were talking about changing things in the registry. I am blond and not a geek. I strongly hesitate changing things in the registry.

Any help will be greatly appreciated by this old woman. Thanks!  

Provost
Message 2 of 3 (2,046 Views)

Re: 1680x1050 resolution option gone HP L2245wg

Annee, welcome to the forum.

Well, I am not going to touch your statement about being blond! Smiley Wink  You said it and we'll leave it at that.  However, I will say that you need to stick around on the forum.  Your kind of humor would help us through some hard times.Smiley Very Happy  You are very correct to be wary of changing the Registry.  Although, if you are careful, it can be done without any bad things happening.  I have done it for years.  I did have to do a clean install once when I deleted the wrong entry.

Now, for your problem.  Here is a step by step guide for the monitor.  It may help you solve the problem.  If not, please let us know and we will try something else.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP 10 Plus; Android-Kit Kat; 1.0 GHz Allwinner A31 ARM Cortex A7 Quad Core Processor ; 2GB RAM Memory Long: 2 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1600MHz); 16GB disable eMMC 16GB v4.51

HP Omen; i7-4710QH; 8 GB memory; 256 GB San Disk SSD; Win 8.1

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 3 (2,025 Views)

Re: 1680x1050 resolution option gone HP L2245wg

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

The problem i am having is not listed in that troubleshooting list in that link.

I am pretty sure that this problem was caused by a game i was playing called 1503 AD aka Anno 1503.

I have updated the monitor driver, updated the graphics driver, rolled back the monitor driver, reinstalled the monitor driver... restarting the PC after each attempt at a fix, and still i am missing the option i need.

The monitor is HP L2245wg, and i am running on Vista Home Premium 64

the native resolution for this monitor is 1680x1050 which is what it was set on three days ago.

today the highest resolutin i have an option to choose is 1360x786

does anyone know how i can get back the higher resolution options?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation