Question

Top Student
Luce
Message 1 of 9 (1,932 Views)

2009m HP 20" Monitor Display too bright.

Okay, so a few months ago a friend of mine bought an HP Slimline PC along with the 2009m  HP 20" monitor, and, after I set it up for her at her college, we started it and ran through the setup and all of that. Then we noticed that the screen was way too bright, so I figured, turn the brightness down, so I adjusted the brightness of the screen, but it did not fix the actual picture. So I adjusted the video card setting, and in order to get it to somewhat of being correct, I had to turn the gamma, brightness, and contrast all the way down. So I told her maybe if we get the windows 7 upgrade, it could fix it, and I set up the windows 7 last night, but it still has the same problem. I also realized that, the screen was perfect when the computer was starting up, but once it reached the log-in screen, it got way too bright, so I have a feeling it's the computer, but I'm not sure. Is there anything I could do to help?

Top Student
Incredulous
Message 2 of 9 (1,923 Views)

Re: 2009m HP 20" Monitor Display too bright.

Does it have an ambient light sensor ? If so,you need to enable it (throught the buttons on front)

Top Student
Luce
Message 3 of 9 (1,912 Views)

I'm not sure on that, I'll have to check, but why would the brightness be perfect when the computer starts up and then get too bright once it gets to the login screen. Could there be something faulty with the computer?

Top Student
Incredulous
Message 4 of 9 (1,893 Views)

I looked up the monitor product spec's and there is  nothing about an ambient light sensor so....I'll assume it doesn't have one.Are you sure when you adjusted the brightness you selected "save and return" after ?... Also  make sure you're not

using a "quick view" preset  (accessed by pushing the "+" button). Good Luck & hope that helps...

Top Student
Luce
Message 5 of 9 (1,841 Views)

Well, it's not the monitor that is the problem, I had to adjust the Nvidia card settings in order to get the monitor to look close to right, so I'm debating if it's th monitor itself. The computer has also been BSoD-ing alot, with the "BAD_POOL_HEADER" and I'm not sure whether to have her send it in and have them look at it or if there is something I can do.

Top Student
Luce
Message 6 of 9 (1,785 Views)

Can anyone help me?

Student
BPridgen
Message 7 of 9 (1,608 Views)

Mine is the same way.  The backlight is way too bright which makes the colors on my screen not match my printer.  I have been messing around with color profiles in Windows 7 and using misc. utilities.

Hope you have better luck than me,

Bob

Top Student
Sehdev
Message 8 of 9 (1,575 Views)

There's nothing anyone can do about HP LCD monitors, except not recommend them to anyone. See my input at http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Monitors-and-video/HP-2009f-Too-Reflective/m-p/104676#M2221 

Honor Student
SandraLap
Message 9 of 9 (278 Views)

how do I adjust the brightness?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation