Question

Student
kavefish
Message 1 of 2 (2,968 Views)

2159m problem

I just got a 2159m and it's great, except for one thing.  For years, I have left my computer on all the time and just turned the monitor off when I'm not using it.  But when I do that with this monitor, it will not see a signal on the DVI or VGA ports when I turn it back on until I reboot my computer (I haven't tried the HDMI port).  I also tried just having Windows put the monitor to sleep after a set time, but it does the same thing when I try to wake it back up.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  I tried emailing HP tech support about this, but they just responed with instructions on how to put the computer in sleep mode.

Thank you.

Student
2159Problems
Message 2 of 2 (2,752 Views)

Re: 2159m problem

I just purchased one of these 2159m monitors KaveFish. Blows away my old vs19.

But I get the exact same problem. Sometimes it turns off after the Windows XP loading screen.

Then I have to put the PC into Standby mode using keystrokes Windows, U, S (no screen displaying).

When I hit a key, the monitor wakes up. Annoying.

It's a long link, but it might help.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00061509&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Cheers,

2159Problems

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation