Question

Honor Student
Dave_needshelp
Message 1 of 5 (80 Views)

Adding a sound card?

Hi, I have a Pavillion G7054uk, I'd like to fit a sound card and bought a Asus Xonar DG 5.1 pci, tried to fit it onto the motherboard but it doesn't fit. What am I doing wrong? I thought all pci x16 slots were the same, do I need a particular card?
Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (79 Views)

Re: Adding a sound card?

Hi,

What is your machine ? There are PCI and PCIe cards and they won't be exchangeable. You need a right card.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 3 of 5 (73 Views)

Hi:

If this is the motherboard you have...then you need a PCie x1 audio card which fits in one of those 3 small black slots beneath the PCIe x16 video card slot.

Examples of PCIe x1 audio cards...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=PCIE+x1+audio+card#/r...

Photograph of motherboard

Honor Student
Dave_needshelp
Message 4 of 5 (71 Views)

Thank you Paul, you've solved my headache. I bought the wrong card. Now I know what I need. You've been a great help.
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 5 of 5 (67 Views)

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation