Question

Student
JimmyHill
Message 1 of 2 (496 Views)

Another "No Signal" issue

My current setup had two crt monitors plugged into my 8600GT w/ vga to dvi-a adapters. This morning I bought an HP S2031, turned everything off unplugged one of the crt monitors and using the dvi-a adapter used the vga to plug it in.

After turning on the computer I only got "No Signal" messages from BOTH monitors. So I figured there was an issue using the two different types of monitors, but no I've done about every combination of installation for this monitor and all I get is No Signal.

The monitor works for sure, I plugged it into an old laptop I had lying around. But now my old crt wont work even if I try to go back to the original setup before purchasing the S2031.

I've read numerous threads on here, most don't seem to have the issue I have and most of the solutions are ones I can't do (due to no signal) or just plain haven't worked.

I like to think my video card is fine, I opened up the case disassembled the entire computer and put it all back but still No Signal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly something that doesn't involve buying a new video card or mother board. Hearing that kind of answer irks me.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 2 (485 Views)

Re: Another "No Signal" issue

[ Edited ]

Jimmy,

The HP s2031 has a DVI-D (digital only) connector. Have you tried using a DVI cable with the HP s2031?

Can you get any of your monitors (new or old) to work? If no, then your video card might be bad or the power supply is too weak to now power the card.

What model HP PC are you using?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-3770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation