Auto Adjustment in Progress (5491 Views)
Student
Slickvicki
Message 1 of 6 (5,491 Views)

Auto Adjustment in Progress

I have a HP w2207h.  It has begun flashing "Auto Adjustment in Progress".  It doesn't do it continuously but quite frequently.  Anyone have a cure?

Dean
old_geekster
Message 2 of 6 (5,465 Views)

Re: Auto Adjustment in Progress

You should update the driver for the monitor.  Here is the Select software and drivers for your monitor.  Select your OS and see if there is a monitor driver available.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 6 (3,716 Views)

I have the same problem. Drivers are up to date, I have done "Factory reset" I have done all I know how to do and the problem still exists. I am using an HP Pavillion 1340 N and a HP w 1907 monitor. Can U please help :-)

Honor Student
dorianheidy
Message 4 of 6 (3,062 Views)

seems that no one knows! i´v been searching all over and everyones says the same, reset, clean, unplug, turn off the auto adjust, change cable, set the new drivers, do factory reset, and so on... but nothing works!! i´might think that, this is a factory programming problem so we have to by another monitor....
Honor Student
mikegray223
Message 5 of 6 (2,108 Views)

I have a HP w2207 monitor and ever since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8 I am getting  the auto adjustmnet in progress message.  I have reset, unplugged, checked drivers and nothing seems to work.  HP support site does not have any new drivers for Win 8 so I'm jusing what came with Win 8.

Also get this dark gray/black rectangle box that shows volume and also the resolution and Hz.

Monitor is set to recommended settings.

Thanks for any help.  Guessing this a probably a Win 8 problem??

Mike

Honor Student
donl62
Message 6 of 6 (1,876 Views)

[ Edited ]

In a previous post I said,

I had this problem as well, what I did that seems to be working for me is I turned off power save mode hope it works for everyone else as well. Good Luck

Needless to say this was not the problem so here is an update to the issue.

HP w2207 wide screen monitor (Auto Adjustment in Progress) Resolved (for me anyway)

I had an issue with my HP w2207 monitor constantly giving an “Auto Adjustment in Progress” message. After many failed attempts to fix the annoying problem, I took a more drastic approach, I saved all my pictures and files, restored my PC to its factory settings, and completely updated my PC with all of the automatic updates that windows found. Upon doing so I have not experienced this issue in a few days now. Good Luck to all with this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation