Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

OK... the video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645

The other details are...

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7676&SUBSYS_103C2AE0&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7676&SUBSYS_103C2AE0

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

As before, uninstall the current IDT HD audio software from its entry in Programs and Features and then restart the PC.

Then download the following IDT HD software package and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58818.exe

Next, if you don't have an extraction utility installed, download and install the .msi 64-bit x64 installer for 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When done, open your Downloads folder, right click the IDT HD software installer, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.  Open the newly extracted folder ( sp58818 ), open src, browse down to setup.exe ( size 368Kb ), right click it and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.

If this completes successfully, restart the PC again.

Any sign of 'Beats'.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Sorry for delay.

OK followed that procedure and have ended up with the best instal of IDT Audio so far. It is similar to the very first one you linked but all the sliders work and unlike the second version you linked the sound is full bodied on 5.1 as well as stereo.

But no sign of Beats though.

To explain why I want Beats... I like my music so watch loads on Youtube and have a decent Dell 5.1 speaker setup that sounded as good as you could ever want from a non-hifi system when this PC was new with Beats on it. I miss some of the sound processing options Beats had like the ability to tailor the sound delay to the actual position of front/rear speakers etc.

I just had a thought and put "Beats" into the search box that slides out from the screen edge on 8.1 and it came up with a result Beats64 which is a file within a folder called WDM which is in the path Users/ourPC/Downloads/sp58818/src/WDM.

Given I don't quite understand these things... but that WDM folder looks like it could contain most/all of the Beats stuff just with (as far as I can see) no setup or exe file to load it.

Having said all that as mentioned in a previous post I massively appreciate the help so far... and would quite undesstand if you want to draw this to a close unresolved.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're more than welcome and I'm completely happy to continue :generic:

Can I just check that the Model No. of your PC is correct - the reason I'm asking is down to the Specifications page for your PC not listing 'Beats Audio Support' under the Sound/Audio sub-section.

Specifications for Pavilion 500-164ea

Whereas it's listed in the specifications for a PC I know comes with Beats

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-h8-1500-Desktop-PC-series/5330773/document/c03747430/

This could certainly just be a typo, but I'd thought I'd just check with you.

Best regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Mine is a 500-154ea as here... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03979014

You can see the audio is given as...  Integrated Audio IDT 92HD73E 7.1 channel Audio and as you say with the 164ea no mention of Beats.

But at the end of all the specs it does say... "Under certain circumstances, a factory or service provider may install a component that meets or exceeds the listed specification"

However... and here you might curse me a bit... In this question I've posted I've referred to Beats audio as that was the name I kept finding online in threads etc when I searched on software for IDT 92HD73E. In truth I didn't remember the brand name but assumed it must have been Beats as I certainly had something with more facilities than the "standard" IDT installs as we've already tried.

For example one very specific setup option I found useful which was on the OE hard drive when the PC was new but has not so far appeared with the advice I've tried above in this thread was when you are using a 5.1 system you could tailor the delay (I guess) of each speaker depending on its position. What you did was put in a measurement of each speaker from the wall (or the other speakers, I forget exactly which).

As my whole setup is based on a single desk I have front, centre and rear speakers by the monitor and sub under desk... and the previous software allowed, by altering the distances, for the rear speakers to be next to the front ones without receiving a different signal.

Also looking online last night I see Apple bought Beats last year and HP went onto B&O Audio for their premium desktop sound. More interesting I found an article that hinted in the interim changeover period HP appeared to supply PCs with audio software that they claimed their own but was very close to Beats. I wonder if mine was shipped with whatever that was but now due to some licensing issue they've made it as if it never existed??

HP Recommended

I'm going to say thanks and mark this thread as solved. I've played about with speaker positions and the IDT software to get a sound so close to how it was with the OE software I'm happy to accept it's as near as I'll get and quite decent.

The procedure you offered as pasted in below has certainly acheived far better software and sound than the generic 2-channel basic install by the guy who fitted the new hard drive last week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best solution......

As before, uninstall the current IDT HD audio software from its entry in Programs and Features and then restart the PC.

Then download the following IDT HD software package and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp5881​8.exe

Next, if you don't have an extraction utility installed, download and install the .msi 64-bit x64 installer for 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When done, open your Downloads folder, right click the IDT HD software installer, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.  Open the newly extracted folder ( sp58818 ), open src, browse down to setup.exe ( size 368Kb ), right click it and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.

If this completes successfully, restart the PC again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Really good to hear it's sounding better.

It does appear that the PC probably shipped with an audio driver that's not listed in the available downloads ( the one you're currently using is from an entirely different Model that has the same audio chip ).

If you do manage to mount the failed HDD, it may well be woth cheking the contents of the swsetup folder ( at the root of the C drive ) and see if you're able to copy the original installer ( it will be in its own folder and already 'unpacked' so you would need to find the 'setup' application in the same way as you installed the current driver ).

Best regards and have a great weekend,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.