Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I own a Toshiba p875-7102 i7-3630qm Windows 8 laptop with a 17.3" 1920x1080 glossy display. It uses the Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics chip.  I purchased the HP 23xi monitor based on highly favorble reviews.  Here's the thing, though: No matter what I do, I can't seem to get rid of the yellowish cast this monitor seems to display.  Using both VGA and HDMI inputs, (and BTW, the VGA looks better!), I have not been able to get rid of it. Is it because of the anti-glare coating on the screen? This is an IPS monitor, which I thought was supposed to result in better color saturation.  Compared side by side to the display from the Toshiba laptop's own screen, the HP monitor is not as bright (white webpage backgrounds especially look much more yellow-brown).  It actually seems as though the Toshiba display is cooler and brighter. Maybe the HP is actually more accurate, color-wise-I don't know.  For those of you who own the HP, please post your picture settings, and also if you get a better picture through VGA as opposed to HDMI(especially with text).  On a separate note, I can't get audio when using the HDMI, but I'll head over to the Toshiba forums for that problem.  All of my drivers for display, including the HP,  are up to date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I understand your 23xi monitor is not displaying the colors as expected.

Is it similar to the incorrect color issue in this document?

Some monitors need a driver installed on the system before they work properly.  Has this driver been installed?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I understand your 23xi monitor is not displaying the colors as expected.

Is it similar to the incorrect color issue in this document?

Some monitors need a driver installed on the system before they work properly.  Has this driver been installed?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying. Actually my screen looks like the second example from the document.  I have the most up to date version of the My Display software (there was an update after I installed it)-would it hurt if I just downloaded the linked update again just to make sure?  The install disc had two programs to install, one was the My Display, and I think the other was the color calibration program.

HP Recommended

According to the document, the second image is what it should look like.  The software I linked to should be different from both of the ones mentioned.  

I believe the tools listed here are what you are referring to.  It wouldn't hurt to try installing the driver itself linked to earlier.

Signature
HP Recommended

I installed the driver (it updated the monitor driver from version 1.0 to 2.0), and the color saturation seemed to improve.  It could just be psychological, but I like what I see.  I am sticking with the VGA connection-there's definitely a better picture that way than through HDMI (I know-it doesn't make sense).  The supplied VGA cable is pretty substantial, too.  Thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

You are most welcome.  I'm glad the driver did help with the issue.

Thanks for updating the community.  🙂

Signature
HP Recommended
Hi, I have a HP pavilion dv2000 windows Vista with a 23xi monitor hookep up throug VGA. I installed the driver from your document and the text was no longer blured nor the images stretched. However, every single time I unplug my laptop and replug it back to the monitor the text gets blurry again... No matter what I do, auto adjustment, resolution, etc..

Can you help me fix this?

Thank you.
HP Recommended

What is the product number of the notebook?

Is the monitor cable a standard length (e.g. 6 fee) or is it an extended length cable (e.g. 10 feet)?

Signature
HP Recommended

Product: dv2700
Model: dv2894ca

It's a standard VGA cable (6 ft) it came with the monitor.

HP Recommended

I have a mac & am having the same yellowing issue. I got this monitor becauseI thought it would be great for design. The edges on everything looks fuzzy. Not crispy like my mac. Any suggestions? I have no VGA or othe display ports. Going thunderbolt to hdmi.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.