Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hey, I think I might know the source of the problem. When I bought the monitor, the box said that it was refurbished. This refurbishment might have affected the compatibility of the screen.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, can you please explain how you hook up the audio from PS3 to the HP w 2207 monitor? I see only an optic out from PS3 and no RCAs and no other audio outs except USB ports, do they work? Please explain in some details as my son wants to use the monitor for his PS3.

Thanks!

Dave

HP Recommended

Hello,

The way I solved it is rather un usual and requires quite a bit of extra cables. Just like Big_Dave said, this might be an anomaly. But here's what I did:

For video, use HDMI to DVI cable. But since DVI does not do audio, the monitor for some reason would not display anything until there's an audio input.

Now for audio, use the composites (red, white, yellow cable) from the PS3, then have RCA audio jacks to 3.5mm.  You do not need to plug the yellow cable from the composite anywhere, because the yellow one is video, but we already have video with HDMI.

When you plug both DVI and the 3.5mm cables to the monitor, it should start to display something.

HDMI to DVI:

28AWG High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable 6ft

RCA audio jacks to 3.5mm :

3.5mm Stereo To Dual RCA Audio Jack Adapter Cable 6 inches

If you have further questions, just ask.

HP Recommended
I kinda have the same problem with the ps3 thing and all that but with w2072a monitor, and when set ps3 to output to 1080p the monitor says out of range then it says to change resolution to or settings to 1600 x 900 -60Hz but I don't know to, I already tried looking for setting through the monitor's main menu but couldn't find it please help Thanks!
HP Recommended

Trying to resolve the same problem with a PS3 and HP w2207 monitor...would like to try connecting the audio cable but would like to know what cable? What do I plug into the PS3 and where and what do I plug into the monitor and where? Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.