Question

Honor Student
Comk4ver
Message 1 of 5 (3,707 Views)

Computer turns on but no video display

I have an hp pavillion a1268c product number ex263aar, windows xp (I believe I'm running 32 bit)<br>here's my problem when I turned on my computer, nothing shows on my monitor I've using an ati radeon 5400 for over two years now instead of the onboard video card. The computer turns. The blue light is on i hear the cpu fans turn on but nothing on the screen ideas?
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (3,701 Views)

Re: Computer turns on but no video display

Hi:

If you are saying that your PC is booting up normally, you hear the hard drive, maybe Windows start up music, fans turn, everything seems normal, except no video, shut down the PC, remove the Radeon video card, and hook the PC up to your onboard video.

If the monitor comes on, you found your problem.  The add-on video card died.

If you still have no image on the screen, probably the motherboard died.

Paul

Honor Student
Comk4ver
Message 3 of 5 (3,697 Views)

My onboard video dead also (before this issue actually that's why I bought the add on video card.) I don't remember about the sound options I think I have sounds off. Also another strange occurrence is that as soon as I connect the power cable it turns on without me pressing power button on the front.
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 5 (3,694 Views)

Hi:

It sounds like it is time for a new PC.

Can you install your video card in another PC to test it out?

That's the only other thing I can think of to do.

Paul

Honor Student
Comk4ver
Message 5 of 5 (3,693 Views)

I'm currently in the process of trying to find a different computer to test the add on video card... Will return with the results I really appreciate your fast response.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation