Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I find out who made it?  Box says 1GB DDR5 PCI-E 2.0 EVGA NVIDIA GeForce FT 240.

--C

HP Recommended

Oops, make that 1GB DDR5 PCI-E 2.0 EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GT 240.

--C

HP Recommended

Hi,

If the box says EVGA then EVGA is manufacturer.  Contact EVGA and see what EVGA has to say about the problem.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks.  The EVGA support site says they'll get back to me in two days...meaning next week, I imagine. 

HP Recommended

If I have to buy a VGA cable, should it be VGA or SVGA?  What's the difference?

--C

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I am using HDMI cables for both ends. Everything is connected. The computer detects the tv but the tv is not picking up the signal. I unplugged the hdmi cable from the pc and plugged it back and the tv display came on! I contacted hp to find out why it doesn't automatically connect when turning the computer on or waking up from sleep mode but they didn't have an answer. I lost the connection so I did not finish talking to them. I made sure the video driver was up to date. But I just got my computer today so everything should be up to date. I did not have this problem with my lap top. It always connected automatically. Not sure why this is different?

HP Recommended

@SunHiker wrote:

HP Pavilion p6650z PC with NVIDIA GeForce GT 240, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.  Identical ViewSonic monitors, both work fine in dual mode on old XP box. 

On the HP box, though both monitors are connected (one directly to the DVI port and the other to the VGA port with an adapter), only the primary monitor (direct connection) displays.  Both monitors are detected, and both are set to Extend.  In other words, all the settings look fine, and according to the NVIDIA control panel, I have the latest graphics driver.  But the secondary monitor is completely blank.  Yes, it is turned on.  If I try to move a window to it, the window simply disappears off the primary monitor.

How can I get the second monitor to display?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.