Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP 6000 Pro MT WIndows 7

I need to enable onboard video card after install a dual video card.  It is an NVIDIA card from HP with Dual DVI for the PCIe slot.  I am trying to run 3 monitors and onboard card will not enable.  There is no place in the bios to enable the onboard card.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe when installing a dedicated video card, system will disable on board card immediately (it disables IGP, no way we can find in BIOS). Some forums say with new H67 and Z68 boards we can do this. In short, we can not do this on the HP 6000 Pro MT.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have done it with a PCI card but it is older and does not have windows 7 drivers.  It would blue screen about once a week.  I thought if I got a new HP card I would eliminate that problem. 

HP Recommended

Mpl, welcome to the forum.

Normally, the integrated video is disabled when you install a discrete video card.  Here is what it says in the Hardware Reference Guide in Table 1-3 Rear Panel Connectors:

"The monitor connectors on the system board are inactive when a graphics card is installed in the computer".

If a graphics card is installed into the PCI or PCI Express x1 slot, the connectors on the graphics card and the system
board may be used at the same time. Some settings may need to be changed in Computer Setup to use both
connectors. For information about setting the boot VGA controller, refer to the Computer Setup (F10) Utility Guide.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2. Turn on the computer.
3. When the first screen displays, do one of the following:
4. Immediately press the F10 key. Press the key once every second until a BIOS Setup utility screen opens.
5. Select Advances tab using left and right arrow key on the keyboard.
6. Then Select “ Primary Video Adapter ”  using up and down arrow key , and hit Enter.
7. It will open a small new window,   ON the new small window select Integrated  and hit enter.
8. After it shows Integrated beside Primary Video Adapter in the list on Advances tab, PRESS F10 key to Save the settings and Exit BIOS.
9. Restart the computer and use the Integrated card to connect the monitor.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.