Front panel Headphone jack not working (3159 Views)
Tutor
papafish
Message 1 of 3 (3,159 Views)
Accepted Solution

Front panel Headphone jack not working

[ Edited ]

I have a Pavilion Media Center a1440n.  I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 7 and upgraded the appropiate drivers.

Everything is working OK, except the front panel headphone jack.  The Realtek HD audio recognizes that the headphones shoultd connect to the front panel jack, but it does not see that the headphones are connected and there is no sound in the headphones.

Is this an OS problem, or is there a setting I need to change?

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 2 of 3 (3,051 Views)

Re: Front panel Headphone jack not working

Hello,

Can you please click on the sound icon on the system try with the right button of the mouse and select playback devices?

Can you see your speakers or in this case your headset enabled and visible in this window? Can you set that device as the default one?

Maybe the situation you are describing can be sorted in this way and it should not be a OS problem, more a setting issue, which even should occur, but taking into consideration that your unit is from 2006, maybe the driver for that old hardware has some cause to this problem.

Let me know if this helps.

THanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Tutor
papafish
Message 3 of 3 (3,050 Views)

Re: Front panel Headphone jack not working

Thanks for the reply.  I tried all that you suggested with no luck.

I also had some other problems so I bit the bullet and bought a new computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation