Question

Honor Student
orthopod3
Message 1 of 3 (761 Views)

GeForce 9300GE second display HDMI shows only desktop wallpaper

Slimline Pavilion s3600z, 4 GB,vista 64, all MS updates current;  factory-supplied NVIDA GeForce 9300 GE display adapter, driver updated to current. Trying to connect a HDTV via HDMI as cloned second monitor - and it ONLY will display the destop WALLPAPER - no icons, cursor, or anything else showing on the primary LCD monitor. The NVIDA 'control panel' sees the Samsung TV attached and assigns it 1080i resolution, 30 HZ, "generic PnP", etc. - all correct. I can't find any settings left to change in the NVIDA 'control panel' or under Display Settings in Windows Control panel.

Help appreciated!!

Professor
Pankay
Message 2 of 3 (754 Views)

Re: GeForce 9300GE second display HDMI shows only desktop wallpaper

Have you tried pressing Windows logo + P keys  or selected the settings to clone the display from NVideo control panel???

try making the external display as your primarry display... by assigning it as 1st display device from display control settings of windows..

||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Honor Student
orthopod3
Message 3 of 3 (743 Views)

Re: GeForce 9300GE second display HDMI shows only desktop wallpaper

I found out that for cloned monitors, the display resolution of each must have to be the same - then they show the same things. Of course the second (TV) monitor display then gets cropped enough to loose control buttons at the corners. I may try a higher resolution for the HP monitor (I can't find a higher one with the same aspect ratio as the 1440X900 native, however) to get the entire image on the TV monitor - unless there's a better solution. Making the TV the primary display and cloning it's settings should do the same as the above. I think I can live with this partial solution. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation