Question

Honor Student
paviliondv7user
Message 1 of 5 (1,722 Views)

HDMI Video Output

Hi, I'm using a HP Pavilion dv7-1240us. It has an AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 Processor, I'm using a ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics card, and I've installed Windows 7.  My problem is that my laptop has an HDMI output, but it doesn't seem to be working. When I plug the laptop to a TV, via hdmi cable, the laptop gets the signal that the TV is plugged in, but the TV still says there's no signal from the laptop. (Yes, I've made sure the tv was set to HDMI, and not on video. Using a VGA cord does work, but I want the HDMI working.) I've use the hdmi calbe with my little sisters laptop, and it was working fine with the TV. I've also downloaded and installed all the latest drivers off the AMD website. I've done all the normal trouble shooting stuff, turn on/off laptop, hot plug, turn on/off tv, disabled/enabled graphics card, uninstal/reinstall graphics card, turn on both devices pluged in, changed the TV screen ratio/frequency, changed it duel/extended/projector only screen, and the list goes on.  I'm on my wits end with this problem. If anyone can help it'd be most appreciated. Thank you.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (1,696 Views)

Re: HDMI Video Output

Hi,

Download the graphics driver on the link below and save it to your Desktop.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45618.exe

When the download has completed, right click the installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When finishes, restart the notebook.

From windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Display Adapters to verify your graphics card is showing up correctly here.

Also from windows Control Panel, open Sound and check in the list of Playback Devices that the ATI HDMI Ouput shows up correctly as shown in the image below.

Capture.PNG

If it shows up correctly, try the HDMI connection and see if it now functions properly.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 3 of 5 (1,689 Views)

Hi,

Try this article for using two displays with your laptop. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
paviliondv7user
Message 4 of 5 (1,679 Views)

Thanks for the effort. I already had that driver, and it does show the ATI HDMI. A I stated earlier, my laptop is recognizing the TV, but the TV will not recognize the laptop.

Honor Student
paviliondv7user
Message 5 of 5 (1,676 Views)

To Big Dave, thanks...but when I said i tryed all the normal trouble shooting stuff. I meant i tried everything thats listed on that link. Thanks for trying though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation