Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Omni 27-1057c running Windows 7 home.  I have tried to connect several external HDMI devices and pressed the menu button on the right side of the monitor so as to use the PC as a TV, but nothing happens.  No menu pops up allowing me to switch from PC to gaming mode.  My windows updates are current and I have followed the instructions as per the set up guide.  Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello snowblindyeti,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are trying to connect to your HP Omni 27-1057c Desktop PC via the HDMI and nothing is showing up. I am providing you with an HP Support document: Using an HDMI Game Console or HDMI Video Player with your Omni27 PC, which will walk you through all the steps needed to do what you are trying to do.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I have followed the steps to get the hdmi working, but nothing happens when I press the menu button after plugging in hdmi. Upgraded to windows 8 after purchase.

HP Recommended

Hello pchisenhall,

Thank you for the updated information on your issue. You stated that nothing happens when you press the Menu button. If indeed nothing happens when you press the Menu button, then I would recommend that you go to the HP Omni 27-1057c Desktop PC Drivers page. Ensure that Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) is selected and click Next. Then start with the Chipset drivers and install ALL the drivers for your computer. Once that is complete install ALL the applications listed as well.

When this is done try pushing the Menu button again and see if there is any response.

Please re-post with the results. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.