HP 2207h speaker solution (1665 Views)
Top Student
Thomas_1
Message 1 of 3 (1,665 Views)

HP 2207h speaker solution

The problem I was having was that the speakers on the monitor were humming. Also I could not use my headphones on my external speakers because when I turned the sound up in Media Player or Real Player the sound on the monitor speakers would be high. I tried to use the cpu headphone jack but got the same humming noise.

I tried to unplug the monitor speakers but kept getting a low humming noise, some type of feedback I think. What I did was, on the monitor controls you have a speaker volume control I set that to level 2. Now I can use my headphones on the external speakers and still not wake everybody up. Plus if I want I can still use 4 speakers by just adjusting the volume on the monitor.

HP w2207h

Compaq Presario SR1750NX

Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 3 (1,553 Views)

Re: HP 2207h speaker solution

Thanks for sharing with everyone on the forum.
... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Student
noobie_doodie
Message 3 of 3 (331 Views)

Re: HP 2207h speaker solution

HI i thought this thread might also be useful for my problem, since it also regards the in-built speakers as well.

I wanna use my own speakers directly plugged in thru the audio out jack, but sound still comes out through the in built speakers. I use this monitor for my PS3 which is plugged thru HDMI (and please dont ask why i didnt get a TV...) and i want to use my gaming headset WITH the speakers that i want to plug into the monitor. any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation