Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So today I turned on my pc an HP pc as well as the screen ( 23xi ) and suddently i got the left side of the screen that got pink, its like every 1 pixel theres a full line of pink pixels that slowly become normal colored,  and i allready tried hooking the screen up with 2 other pcs and 1 laptop even to my HTC One via HDMI and the problem persists, what can i do ???

My specs are :

Intel i7 3770K

Nvidia GTX 660

12Gb RamIMAG0217.jpg

HP Envy 1414
GTX 660
i7 3770K
12GB Ram
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello there fabiocca!: I would get a picture of whatever plug you're using(VGA, DVI-D/I, HDMI, Display Port),

then locate the pin # which controls the red part of the monitor because if LCD/LED monitors are similar to the tube models then chances are the pin or pins are bent.

if that is the case then you can attempt to straighten it ever so gently with  the tip of a mechanical pencil until you have a normal looking screen

you have to be careful because if you do it too quickly & it'll be worse to the point of ruining it

good luck

hope this helps

spacechild

HP Recommended

Hi I have the same problem. But when I tired DVI-D/I (my computer) and HDMI (PS3), the same pinkish spots are still there on the left. What should I do?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I got the exact same problem. I was using Adobe Photoshop and suddenly the screen turned pink on the left side of the monitor. I tried to reset to factory default settings, but didnt help. I also checked the DVI cable at both ends. I gave up after 30min trying to fix that and decided to put my old HP monitor back in. It worked normally. So I know that the problem was from the new HP monitor, not DVI/VGA or video card. I'm gonna contact HP customer support to have it checked or replaced if possible before the warranty runs out.

Let me know if yours is fixed.

HP Recommended
Hey bros, so after like one week of playing games and editing youtube vids with one side of the screen pink i gave up trying and keept using the screen, and one day when i was cleaning my pc table i moved my external audio card, a bif further from the bottom left of the screen and guess what happened, the pink was gone like forever ! So i dont know what the happened. Try moving away your other electronics and see if that works . Reply back if it does.
HP Envy 1414
GTX 660
i7 3770K
12GB Ram
HP Recommended

Fabiocca,

That is even more dangerous in my opinion because you did not know what just happened and whether or not it would come back one day. It is OK to try out something if your monitor was out of warranty, otherwise, I highly sugguest to get it replaced. I called HP support yesterday and they gave me a re-certified one free of charge. To me it was a luck because when I checked my product warranty, it was on June 10, 2014. 

For your info, before contacting HP support I gave my final hope by hooking it up with another PC in my living room, the result was the same. So, I assume the problem was the monitor alone.

HP Recommended

I've got this exact same problem and HP support won't recognise it as a defect in their product. Spoke to their customer support and they clain no one has reported the issue. I find this hard to believe.

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem - pink lines to the left of the screen. My monitor is just over 2 years old so past warranty. Has any solved this problem or does it mean replacing?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with Pavilion 23xi 23inch monitor. I bought one monitor from Germany. And one notebook in Turkey. After one year the notebook gone to Service 4 time. They said everytime now is ok. But was not. And that was a Fan Blower problem. I'll never buy any HP products. Their service and their products is totally awful. In my country HP Service personal is totally indifference. I think in other countries so. I recommended you buy tech products from any other brands cause 3rd grade Chinese products even much more better than HP. So you can see the same problem from my monitor. Don't try to fix my friends. forget it buy from other brands. Life is short! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVzKcJWBBwY

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.