Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks! 

I didn't buy extended warranty when I purchased the monitor. From the info I learned from this forum, I guess it is not likely that HP would repair or replace the monitor for free.

I actuatly called HP support line the other day and I was told if I agree to pay $50 if they fix my monitor, they could assist me in troubleshooting of my monitor over the phone, and the monitor disassembly is not required. I cannot believe it and I didn't give my credit card number. If the monitor can be fixed without taking the monitor apart, as a HP monitor user, I expect HP to share this knowledge publicly.

Currently I connected a 22" Samsung monitor to my computer. I think it is the time for me to buy double 24" monitors or one 27" monitor. Unfortunately, I was forced to upgrade my monitor and leave a big chunk piece of electronic waste behind.

HP Recommended

Thank you! LydiaP

I will contact the local store, Future Shop (Canada) to see what they can do for me.

I said in my previous post that I would take this opportunity to upgrade to double 24" monitors or single 27" monitor.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everyone!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear you couldn't get a resolution.

Since you are out of warranty the charge was like to attempt troubleshooting of the issue, likely was not a guarantee of a resolution.

I could probably tell you the steps they would of done

1. Reset the monitor

2. Try another cable

3. Repair / Replace

I will say though you can't go wrong with dual screens. Since switching my home system to dual monitors I haven't been able to go back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

Sunalta said:  "If the monitor can be fixed without taking the monitor apart, as a HP monitor user, I expect HP to share this knowledge publicly."

I agree with you 100%. 

You shouldn't have to pay for assistance.  Plus, I think you would be better off putting that $50 towards a new monitor because 'support line tech assistance' would not be able to fix it.

Have you done a search on this forum for your monitor model number and/or 'screen fluttering'?  I found that this monitor fails in the exact same way, for quite a few people!   I found this very upsetting because I had always trusted HP products and wouldn't mind paying a little more for them.

Happy Holidays to you!

Linda

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio-Video-Monitors/HP-2509m-monitor-screen-flutters/td-p/1210...

Re: HP 2509m monitor - screen flutters

‎HP forum post by : TechTom   on 08-26-2012

Very interesting post, but very long so I'm not going to copy it. It gives some detailed mechanical info about what's wrong with our 2509m monitors.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio-Video-Monitors/HP-2509-Monitor-Display-Issues-Dark-on-Lef...

‎HP forum post by: lasvegaswireman  on 11-27-2012

"This is most likely a backlight inverter and/or lamp issue. The inverter is a circuit that supplies the backlight lamps with electricity to illuminate the screen. This is not a do-it-yourself repair and based on other posts on the forum, the parts are impossible to come by."

HP Recommended

Thanks for all the comments.  I too have a HP 2509 with flicker issuers.  Bought the monitor as part of a bundle direct from HP 2 years ago.  I am very disappointed with the qualiy.  I work for a lage corporation and was a member of a team that determined how we would supply about 70,000 PCs for our employeees worldwide.  The research our team did inicated if the monitor worked "out of the box" it should easily last 8-10 years. 

HP Recommended

I've been a diehard Compaq / HP guy from the beginning of my computer career. First computer was a Pressario Pentium 1 with an HP 660c printer. Pretty much everything in my famil is HP or Compaq. 

My last big purchase HP 2509m monitor bundled with Elite m9152p has been a huge disappointment. As far as the screen, I've developed the flicker and I'm getting the feeling that the monitor is dying 😞

The computer is a whole other problem. Front peripheral ports (USB, card reader, sound,etc.) is no longer working. AND the computer sometimes doesn't turn on. Professionals have looked at it to ensure no cables were loose or burned out and are frankly puzzled as to what's going on. They're saying it's cheap components, primarily the mother board.

Really disappointed and will think twice about getting other HP products. Even if heavily warranted, who has time to be frustrated by fixing at own or warranty expense issues. 

I bought my wife a Vizio desktop/screen combo and it seems to be working flawlessly. Haven't found one bad review online. Literally. I like the heritage of HP/Compaq but I LOVE my sanity and time, so I may convert my electronics Vizio-side. 

HP Recommended

I see from reading these fourms that the life cycle of the HP 2509M is about two years. That's about right since three days ago mine died. I have had it just about two years and it is out of warranty.

If you reach the people in the know about this, I sure would appriciate a message from them also. Dell is starting to look better then HP to me. 😞

HP Recommended

I have the same monitor, probably just over 2 years old, and it has begun flickering when it resumes from sleep mode. The flickering started at only a few seconds, but it's becoming longer and longer. I'm distressed to read about all of these complaints because I have purchased half a dozen monitors over the years, and none of them have ever failed before. For this one to go out in such a short period of time is completely unacceptable, in my opinion.

Since I purchased this as part of a package from Costco, I intend to let the company know about my dissatisfaction. Since this is clearly some type of design or manufacturing defect, HP should offer customers something better than paying to repair or replace it. If I have to replace it after only two years, this will certainly be the last product I will buy from HP.

HP Recommended

Add one more to the flickering bunch. Getting very annoying to deal with this every time the screen turns on or comes back from sleep.  Will it last 20 second or 5 minutes?  Nobody knows.

I see no answers. 😞

Not a good experience. 

HP Recommended

My guess (from experience) is that you probably have less then 2 weeks before it won't light up anymore.

It happened to me (prior posts).  I have become very disappointed with HP products of late and I used to buy EVERYTHING HP.

I wish you have a better experience than I.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.