Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Bingo! I am staring at my 2509m that is flicking as we speak! Exact issue to the letter. Looks like i'll be shopping for another one too. 

HP Recommended

Add another 2509m dissatisfied customer to the list.  For about the last 2 weeks, I noticed some fluttering in the lower righthand corner of the screen whenever I woke it from sleep.  Today, I was working on my computer and the display just died.  No power or anything now.  Sounds like I was a lucky one though as I got almost 4 years out of mine.  Guess it's time to go monitor shopping, for another one other than a HP brand.

HP Recommended

I also have been having the same flickering issue... mine has been like this for the last 6 months I would say, usually it takes 5-20 seconds to kick into normal.  However, as of late it has been non-stop... I am writing this post all while it flickers like mad - possibly giving me a seizure lol

I bought this monitor no more than 3 years ago and I am shocked to see this many people with the same issue.  I will no longer purchase another HP monitor (if ANYTHING from HP) - I have never had or seen such defective equipment in my life.  And I am sure HP is aware of the problem with these monitors but won't provide any sort of relief to the customer - what a scam.

I am also a Purchaser for a large company - and I can guarantee we won't be buying anymore HP garbage!

HP Recommended

Sorry Cookie,  I feel your pain.  I posted on this site some time back and am still experiencing the flicker.  One thing I did find that helped was I lowered the brightness down to 50%.  I am in a dim lighted room and the 50% doesn't bother me.  The lower setting did make some difference in how long the flickering continued. It usually straightens out in less than 30 seconds.  My next computer and or monitor will defenitely NOT BE AN  HP.

HP Recommended

Same monitor. Same problem.

It looks like HP sold a lot of people a junk monitor and don't want to fess up.

HP Recommended
Same flickering problem as everyone else. It used to flicker for about 5 seconds and then stop when it went out of sleep mode but today, it wouldn't stop... i googled and found this forum of unhappy consumers like myself... and from reading the comments, it wasn't worth fixing. With black Friday/cyber Monday sales around i was shopping on my secondary Samsung monitor, which is much older than this hp. The flickering was in my peripherals as i was shoppung around, it kind of pissed me off so i smacked the side of the monitor. The flickering has stopped. saved me from buying a new one.... for now... But from the comments here it seems inevitable that I'll need a new monitor 😞

tldr: if it doesn't stop flickering, and you think its a total loss, give a smack to the side of the monitor a try.
HP Recommended
Here's the thing at first mine was flickering I tried to ignore it.... The one side got really dark..... Then it went back to normal.... Then it caught on fire internally. If I didn't smell the burning it would have completely caught on fire. I can order new bulbs but the bulb housing is too damaged to repair and I can't find the housing anywhere. Shut down that monitor and don't turn it on til you get new CCFL bulbs!!
HP Recommended

I replaced my HP 2509M monitor that died on me 4 months ago with an ASUS MX279H and have been very pleased with it.  Best Buy has it on sale right now for $209.99 which is a great price.  

HP Recommended

I'm just reading your post of August 2012 re 'screen flutters' - We too, are having the same issue, and are on our third monitor (compliments of HP).  We are looking into purchasing a new monitor so you are more than welcome to our fluttering one if you still need one for parts, etc - It's a refurbished HP 2509m and sent to us directly from HP approx Feb 2014 so we almost got a whole year of use.  The fluttering is like this, but worse ---> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph05236

...would probably be $20 to $30 to send it FedEx with my discount.  My email is nungledorg@gmail.com 

HP Recommended

I had the same flickering problem with my HP2509m monitor.  The 1st monitor lasted a little less than 2 years.  Still under warranty (2 years from Costco) HP replaced the monitor and this is my current monitor, which I have been using for almost 3 years.  I had the same flickering that was first a nagging 5 second problem which was tolerable.  It grew to about 20 to 30 minutes before the flickering would stop.  I was looking around a replacement monitor.  Then I decided to try playing with the monitor controls.  I made changes to the settings and changed it back when the flickering continued.

I SOLVED THE PROBLEM, for my monitor anyway!!!  Somebody else, please try this to see if it works for more than mine.

On the monitor control at bottom right of the screen, try this:

Press Menu

Move focus to Management
Click OK
Move focus to Power Saver. click OK and set it to Off

Move fosuc to Power-On Recall, click OK and set it to Off

...................................................................................................................................................................................................

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.