Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Tried CosmicRay's solution. The flutter shortened its time but was still there. Lasted maybe a week but now monitor is almost completely dead. Black screen with come alive flicker maybe once every 5 minutes. Shopping for new monitor now, not even considering an HP!!!

What a shame HP used to be my go to for peripheral’s. Sent my info to KenInPost. Hope you give them what for. Definite design flaw to have so many with same issue

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the HP 2509M screen flickering problem.    It works eventually but on start up I get the flickering.   What is needed to fix the problem?

HP Recommended
hp2509m monitor flicker on coming out of sleep. It recovers after few minutes
HP Recommended

The HP 2509m was a lemon.  It's been two years since I dumped it in the trash.  I have had no problems with my new non-HP brand 25" monitor and suggest anybody with a flickering HP 2509m to expect a few more months out of it before it gets so annoying, you put it outdoors in the rain.  HP never acknowledged and never will make ammends on this lemon. Go with another brand monitor and you will have spent your hard earned cash wisely.  

HP Recommended

I agree that the 2509m Monitor is a true lemon. The fact that HP did nothing to help the 45 plus posters on this site is beyond me. Never will I buy an HP product again. Finally threw it the trash after constant bouts with flickering.

HP Recommended

Yup, I posted on here like 2 years ago with the same issue.... and I have still stuck to my word of never buying anything from HP ever again!

What a **bleep**ty monitor and shame on them for never speaking on this defect/issue before now

HP Recommended

To 40_kl

I guess I'm the lucky one.  I had the same problem as others but managed to stumble on to a fix, for my HP2509m monitor anyway.  So far my monitor still works.  Before my fix, my computer was booting up with about 30 to 60 minutes of flickering.  Sometimes forever.

Try my fixes posted on page 6 which is basically to turn off all power savings stuff (2 posts).  Then power down your computer, turn your monitor off and let it stay off for awhile to cool off, like overnight. 

No one else has gotten the good results that I had, so I'm wondering if I lucked out, or if others don't bother to post if they get good results.  By human nature, those upset tend to post their frustration.

Good luck with your monitor.

HP Recommended

Mine is same. Appears there are a lot of these monitors. I'll spend not more time. Cullman, AL

HP Recommended

same issue. Ill spend no more time on this thing. Too bad an expensive monitor.  Cullman Al I have  2 DELL 10 yrs old still working, albeit the newest has vertical bars though screen so big I can work around. How can I find out how old it is?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.