Question

Honor Student
Dirk_Gently
Message 1 of 3 (1,115 Views)

HP 2509m turns off ater a few seconds

Hi,  my monitor turns on for about 3 seconds makes a humming noise and shuts off. have been using monitor without problems for almost a year.  The blue power light remains on when it shuts off/turns black.

Associate Professor
vnyga
Message 2 of 3 (1,104 Views)

Re: HP 2509m turns off ater a few seconds

Have you already tested another cable, graphics port at pc and monitor?
>for almost a year
Still under warranty?
If yes, then contact HP for a replacement.
If no, test the monitor at another pc.

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Tutor
ning1760
Message 3 of 3 (1,096 Views)

Re: HP 2509m turns off ater a few seconds

On Friday, the 2509m monitor had a buzzing sound. It was very annoying, so I turned it off. Later, I started the computer, and everything worked fine until the screen went dark. I restarted it, and the screen would appear for a few seconds and turn dark again. I tried all the cable connections incluidng a new hdmi to no avail. I brought my other monitor and connected it to the computer to see if this was the problem. The monitor worked fine, so I knew it was the 2509m monitor. I called the HP support people to find out if there was a remedy. They told me the monitor was not worth returning for repair. They offered me a new one list pirce of $299.00 minus a $50.00 discount plus another $30.00 discount which brought the price down to $219.99. I declined. I went to Costco today and bought a new Samsung 27" monitor which works just fine. 

I only had the 2909m monitor for 2 yearrs. My Costco warranty on it ended in March 2012, but I bought it through American Express which automatically gives me an additional years. They will honor the price I paid for the new 27" Samsung...over $300. 

I did call a few places to see if the 2509m  monitor could be repaired. None of the local computer repair shops don't repair them.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation