Question

Student
akrowdy509
Message 1 of 2 (766 Views)

HP 500-054 problem with graphics card

I just bought my HP 500-054 PC and also bought an upgraded graphics card and a more powerful, power supply to run the graphics card...to the best of my knowledge the graphics card (XFX radeon R7770 ultra OC edition) is set up properly in my PC and connected to the new power supply. If i try to boot from the new graphics card nothing displays on my monitor and the PC just beeps 3 times. If I boot from the onboard graphics card then everything works like it should. I'm wondering if anyone has advice on this if maybe i set up the graphics card wrong or if there are settings on the PC I need to change. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (761 Views)

Re: HP 500-054 problem with graphics card

Hi:

Your second assumption is correct.

There are settings in the BIOS you need to change when installing an non-HP video adapter in a PC with W8.

Please read the info at the link below and you should be all set after following the guidance there.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03653200&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation